Lunds universitet grundades 1666 och rankas återkommande som ett av världens 100 främsta lärosäten. Här finns 42 000 studenter och 7 400 medarbetare i Lund, Helsingborg och Malmö. Vi förenas i vår strävan att förstå, förklara och förbättra vår värld och människors villkor.
BioMAX is the first macromolecular crystallography beamline at the new ultimate storage ring MAX IV. The beamline has been designed to deliver an energy tunable, high brilliant x-ray beam at micrometer size and to support the majority of techniques in the field for crystals down to the micrometer range. A fast x-ray detector in combination with a high capacity sample changer is enabling very efficient data collection schemes.
BioMAX has been recently set into operation. Nevertheless, to reach the anticipated performance level within the next couple of months, substantial commissioning and optimization tasks are still pending.
In order to develop, to operate and to maintain BioMAX, we are now seeking to hire a research engineer with a background and interest in X-ray synchrotron radiation based techniques and instrumentation.
• You will participate in the commissioning of the beamline and its end-station.
• You will share responsibilities for operation, maintenance and further development of the beamline in close collaboration with the team of scientists and engineers of the MX-group and MAX IV staff.
• You will develop strategies for diagnostics and controls of the BioMAX technical infrastructure.
• You will share responsibility for the support of external users during their beamtime.
• You will contribute to the design, the purchase and the installation of new beamline. and experimental station components to ensure the availability of a competitive and reliable beamline environment.
• You will work on the design of the new micro-focusing beamline MicroMAX.
Note: The amount and nature of the participation in user support will depend on the interests and the profile of the successful candidate.
The following qualifications are required:
• You hold a university degree in engineering or natural sciences in subjects of relevance for BioMAX.
• You have a solid experience in the planning, design/construction/purchase, operation and maintenance of complex scientific equipment in particular such equipment that is of relevance for BioMAX.
• You have a solid knowledge and experiences in instrumentation controls hardware and software.
• You have a demonstrated knowledge of X-ray instrumentation and associated techniques.
• You have a demonstrated ability to work independently.
• You have excellent command of English, well-developed communication skills and team working skills.
The following qualifications are considered an asset:
• Experience in the design, commissioning, and use x-ray hardware.
• Experience with programing / interfacing of hardware.
• Experience with vacuum and cryogenics technologies.
• Experience of developing, assembling, running, and maintaining equipment for X-ray techniques.
• Interest/experience in scientific use of techniques of interest for BioMAX (i.e. experiments, data analysis, publication / presentation of results).
Experience with support of user groups at a synchrotron radiation facility or a similar user-oriented research facility is a further merit.
Probationary period may be applied.
|Antal lediga befattningar||1|